Modifying the Course Navigation Bar
1. From the Course Administration Widget, select Navigation and Themes. To select an existing navigation bar for your course, choose an existing navigation bar from the Active Navbar drop-down menu. Click Apply.
- There are multiple course navigation bars to choose from. To preview any navigation bar, click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the menu and click Preview.
- To select an existing navigation bar for your course, choose an existing navigation bar from the Active Navbar drop-down menu. Click Apply.
2 . To customize any of the navigation bars, you must first make a copy. Click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the navigation bar you want to copy, and click Copy. Then, click on the copy to customize.
3. You can change the name and description of your new navigation bar. In the links area, you can reorder or remove existing links, add new system links, or create and add links to external websites.
4. After customizing, click Save and Close. Then, make sure to select your customized navbar under the Active Navbar drop-down and click “Apply” to make it the active navbar.
5. You can also create custom drop-down menus for your navigation bar, known as “Link Groups” in eLC. To create a Link Group, click Navigation and Themes from the Course Administration Widget.
6. Then click the “Custom Links” tab. Click “Create Link Group.” Then you can name your link group and add system links or custom links. Once you have created the link group, it will be available for you to add to a customized navigation bar.