eLC Announcements Tool
The Announcements tool is helpful for distributing announcements to your students, especially if they have set up notifications for your course.
To create an Announcement:
- Go to your course home page and locate the Announcements widget.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Announcements and click New Announcement. Note that you can add file attachments and record one minute of audio to announcements.
- Add the text of your announcement in the Text Editor.
- Configure the availability of the announcement. We recommend always adding an End Date to your announcement - this will prevent old announcements from being sent out when you copy content into new courses.
- Add any attachments or release conditions. The Announcements settings can be configured to show a maximum number of announcements or remove old items.
- Click Publish to publish your announcement on your course home page.