Editing a Machine Generated Captions File in Kaltura
Once your machine captions have been added to your video, you will need to review and edit the captions. To access the caption editor:
1. Go to your course gallery.
2. Click the video that you want to edit.
3. Click the Actions dropdown menu and click "Edit Captions"
4. You will be taken to the captions editor.
- Progress bar - the progress bar shows the time that the video is currently at, and also displays how far you are into the particular video snippet you're editing.
- Video controls - Press play to start and pause the video. The double arrows will skip to the previous or next sentence in the captions. The double arrows with a line will jump to the beginning of the sentence.
- Editing pane - Edit the video captions in the editing pane. You can also click above and below the editing pane to jump to the previous or next sentence. Any time you click into the editing pane, the video will auto pause so you can edit the captions.
- Save Button - Save the current edits and return to the file at a later point to continue editing.
- Approve button - Save your edits and publish the edited captions to your video.
If you want more detailed information about the editing tool, here is a video tutorial on the editing tool.
Once you are done making your edits, click Approve and your edited captions will be published to your video.