Outstanding Teaching Award
Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award (OTA)
The Center for Teaching and Learning administers the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Instruction. This award recognizes teaching assistants who demonstrated superior teaching skills while serving as an instructor of the classroom or laboratory. For previous winners and further information about teaching assistant recognition at UGA, please visit the CTL Teaching Assistant Recognition page.
Nominations for the 2018-2019 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award will open in December. As a Department Graduate Coordinator, please use the following survey to nominate your Outstanding TAs. A preview of the nomination survey can be found as a pdf here.
OTA NOMINATION CRITERIA
- Departments may nominate up to 10% of their GTAs or GLAs for the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award.
- For example:
- Less than 10 GTAs or GLAs = 1 nomination
- Between 11 to 20 GTAs or GLAs = 2 nominations
- Between 21 to 30 GTAs or GLAs = 3 nominations
- Departments should only nominate GTAs or GLAs who have demonstrated superior teaching skills while serving as an instructor of the classroom or laboratory.
- All nominees must have met all TA Policy requirements at the time of nomination.
- The student must have had significant teaching responsibilities for at least two terms at UGA. One of these terms must have occurred during the last sixteen months prior to deadline. The nomination must be submitted by the announced deadline using the appropriate nomination form.
- This nomination form requires endorsement by the department's Graduate Coordinator.
- Previous recipients of the award are not eligible.
- Student must be currently registered full time at the time of nomination and time of award.
OTA NOMINATION PROCESS
- The Graduate Coordinator must nominate each graduate student individually using the Qualtrics Application (opens in December).
- The nomination is complete upon submission of the Qualtrics Application. No additional nomination materials are required.
The deadline for the 2018-2019 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award is January 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Please contact Dr. Zoe Morris, Assistant Director of Teaching Assistant Development and Recognition, at email@example.com with any questions you may have.