Outstanding Teaching Award
Outstanding Teaching Award (OTA)
Nominations for the 2017-2018 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award will be accepted beginning in November 2017.
OTA NOMINATION CRITERIA
- Departments may nominate up to 10% of their TAs or LAs for the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award.
- Departments with fewer than ten TAs or LAs may nominate one.
- Departments should only nominate TAs or LAs who have demonstrated superior teaching skills while serving as an instructor of the classroom or laboratory.
- All nominees must have met all TA Policy requirements at the time of nomination.
- The student must have had significant teaching responsibilities for at least two terms at UGA. One of these terms must have occurred during or after the fall 2016 semester. The nomination must be submitted by the announced deadline using the appropriate nomination form.
- This nomination form requires endorsement by the department.
- Previous recipients of the award are not eligible.
- Student must be currently registered full time at the time of nomination and time of award.
The deadline for the Spring 2018 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award and the Excellence in Teaching Award is Friday, January 19, 2018.
Please contact Dr. Zoe Morris, Assistant Director of Teaching Assistant Development and Recognition, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.