Outstanding Teaching Award
Outstanding Teaching Award (OTA)
Nominations for the 2017-2018 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award are now open. As a Department Graduate Coordinator, please use the following survey to nominate your Outstanding TAs. A preview of the nomination survey can be found as a pdf here.
OTA NOMINATION CRITERIA
- Departments may nominate up to 10% of their GTAs or GLAs for the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award.
- For example:
- Less than 10 GTAs or GLAs = 1 nomination
- Between 11 to 20 GTAs or GLAs = 2 nominations
- Between 21 to 30 GTAs or GLAs = 3 nominations
- Departments should only nominate GTAs or GLAs who have demonstrated superior teaching skills while serving as an instructor of the classroom or laboratory.
- All nominees must have met all TA Policy requirements at the time of nomination.
- The student must have had significant teaching responsibilities for at least two terms at UGA. One of these terms must have occurred during or after the fall 2016 semester. The nomination must be submitted by the announced deadline using the appropriate nomination form.
- This nomination form requires endorsement by the department.
- Previous recipients of the award are not eligible.
- Student must be currently registered full time at the time of nomination and time of award.
***The deadline for the Spring 2018 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award and the Excellence in Teaching Award HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MONDAY JANUARY 22nd at 5:00pm
Please contact Dr. Zoe Morris, Assistant Director of Teaching Assistant Development and Recognition, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.