The Writing Fellows program was established in 2007 by the Office of the Vice President of Instruction. A group of up to twelve faculty are selected as Writing Fellows each academic year. The Fellows meet regularly throughout the year to discuss the most effective ways to teach and to respond to student writing, studying research that substantiates the best practices for helping students develop as writers. Each Writing Fellow receives a $1,000 stipend to subsidize projects aimed at constructing courses, resources, or initiatives that will support student writing at UGA.
2018-2019 Writing Fellows
- Dana Bultman, Department of Romance Languages
- Michael Cotterell, Department of Computer Science
- Erin Dolan, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Morgan Faison, Early Childhood/Elementary Education, Department of Educational Theory and Practice
- Jennifer Griffiths, Cortona Program, Office of International Education
- Sujata Iyengar, Department of English
- Kristen Smith, Department of Advertising and Public Relations
Each CTL Writing Fellow receives $1,000 to subsidize projects aimed at constructing courses or initiatives that will support student writing at UGA.
For More Information
For additional information about the Writing Fellows, email Dr. Ruth Poproski.