eLC FAQs for Students
eLearning Commons, powered by D2L, is used by many faculty at UGA. If you need assistance with eLC, you have a number of options to get help using the system.
- Submit a ticket.
- Contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106 during operating hours.
- When the EITS Help Desk is closed, contact the University System of Georgia D2L Help Center at http://D2Lhelp.view.usg.edu.
eLC FAQs for Students
1. How do I turn on “Notifications”?
1. On My Home, click on your name at the top right and click Notifications.
2. Confirm your email address and/or register your mobile number (text rates apply).
3. Choose the summary of activity or instant notifications you would like to receive. Summary activity is a daily summary or course activities, instant notifications allow you to choose which activities you would like delivered to your email and/or mobile device.
4. Click Save.
2. How do I submit assignments to the Assignments area?
1. On Course Home navigation bar, click on Tools, then Assignments.
2. Select the appropriate Dropbox folder.
3. Select Add a File, Browse, select file and click Upload.
4. Click Submit.
3. How do I email my instructor or other students within the course?
1. On Course Home navigation bar, click on Classlist.
2. If you want to email multiple people, select them by checking the select box next to their name, and then click the email icon at the top of the user list.
3. To email one person, click on their name in the Classlist.
4. Compose message and click Send.
4. I don’t see a course in which I’m enrolled. How can I gain access?
1. Drop/Add: Student enrollments from Athena to eLC are only updated once each weekday, in the evening. If you drop/add a course today, those changes take 1-2 business days to become active in eLearning Commons. For example, if you drop or add a course on Friday, those changes will not be reflected in eLC until Monday morning.
2. Course Availability to Students: Courses are only visible/available to students one day before classes begin through ten days after grades are due. Course availability/visibility is based on standard session terms that are established by the Registrar (see the Schedule of Classes). Instructors can change the availability dates of their courses and can also manually add users to their courses. If your course does not follow the established session terms, contact your instructor to gain access.
5. How do I use Respondus Lockdown Browser?
6. I am getting an "Error: Not Authorized" message when I try to access my eLC email. What should I do?
You may have a quiz in progress that is causing this error. If you see this error, please click the envelope icon at the top of your screen. You should see a link to the quiz that needs to be submitted. If the quiz is already closed and you are unable to access it, please contact your instructor.
6. My instructor is using Blackboard Collaborate. Where can I get help?
Visit the Web Conferencing student support page for technical support contact information.
7. How do I view quiz feedback in eLC?
1. Go to the Quizzes area in your course.
2. Locate the quiz you want to review, and click the drop-down arrow next to the quiz name. Click "Submissions."
3. Click your quiz attempt.
4. If there is feedback available for a question, there will be a link that says "View Feedback" underneath the question responses. Click the View Feedback link to see your instructor's feedback for that question.
8. How do I upload a video to eLC?
You can upload video in eLC in any tool that has a text editor, including discussions and the assignment dropbox. This tutorial explains how to add a video to a discussion post. Additionally, your instructor may be using the Course Gallery. This tutorial explains how to add video to the Course Gallery.
These tutorials, provided by D2L, will give you a good idea about how eLC works. Our version looks a little different, but the tools will work in similar ways.