Blackboard Collaborate and Collaborate Ultra (new!) can be used to facilitate synchronous online class sessions, virtual office hours or online training. Both tools are accessible through eLC, and faculty may choose either tool for the Fall 2016 semester.
Collaborate Ultra features a new interface with a more modern look. Additional features include improved audio and video quality, and the option to upload and store content in advance of your session. The following features are not yet available in Collaborate Ultra: Breakout Rooms, Session Plan, and Timer.
Support Resources for Collaborate Ultra and Blackboard Collaborate
- Using Collaborate Ultra in eLC
- Using Collaborate Ultra outside of eLC
- Creating sessions in Blackboard Collaborate
For University-related meetings that are not course-related, you can request a Blackboard Collaborate or Collaborate Ultra account to use the software outside of eLC.
If you are experiencing technical issues with Blackboard Collaborate or Collaborate Ultra, please call Blackboard support at 1 (877) 382-2293.
- The Online Rooms access to Blackboard Collaborate was discontinued in December 2015. To access Collaborate archives created in Online Rooms, please contact Robert Ethier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any existing Online Rooms links will no longer work. If you are using a custom navbar with an Online Rooms link, you can replace the Online Rooms link with Blackboard Collaborate by following these steps.
- The Wimba Classroom service was discontinued in August 2014, therefore eLC links to archived Wimba content will no longer work properly. If you have a previously-downloaded Wimba archive and would like to make it available to students in eLC, you will need to upload it to another media storage platform.