The Writing Fellows program was last offered during the 2022 Academic Year. We will announce any future return of this program both on this page and in our monthly faculty newsletter.
The Writing Fellows program was established in 2007 by the Office of the Vice President of Instruction. A group of up to twelve faculty are selected as Writing Fellows each academic year. The Fellows meet regularly throughout the year to discuss the most effective ways to teach and to respond to student writing, studying research that substantiates the best practices for helping students develop as writers. Each Writing Fellow receives a $1,000 stipend to subsidize projects aimed at constructing courses, resources, or initiatives that will support student writing at UGA.
2021-2022 Writing Fellows
- Christopher Cleveland, Population Health
- Julie Stanton, Cellular Biology
- Alisa Fountain, Communication Sciences and Special Education
- Maryann Gallagher, International Affairs
- Jennifer Barnhart, Grady College of Journalism
- Ingie Hovland, Religion
- Moon Jung Jang, School of Art
- Jason Matthews, Accounting
- Akela Reason, History
- Nancee Reeves, English
- Sayamon Singto, Division of Academic Enhancement
Each CTL Writing Fellow receives $1,000 to subsidize projects aimed at constructing courses or initiatives that will support student writing at UGA.
For More Information
For additional information about the Writing Fellows, email Dr. Ruth Poproski.