Consultations and Services
One-on-one consultations and other services provide an opportunity for individualized teaching support and professional development. Our GradTeach Team is full of experts in teaching and learning who are available to meet with you to discuss your needs. Your engagement with these services is typically kept confidential within the CTL.
Consultation topics can vary, and may include any of the following:
- Solving or troubleshooting a teaching problem;
- Developing and implementing a new idea in your teaching;
- Developing a teaching research project;
- Crafting your teaching statement and/or teaching portfolio;
- Receiving feedback on your teaching (from a CTL consultant and/or from your students!).
Reach out to us via GradTeach@uga.edu to request a consultation with a teaching & learning expert.
- Mid-Semester Formative Evaluations (MSFEs): MSFEs are a great way for instructors of record to gather feedback from students and implement adjustments in response. A CTL consultant will visit your class, talk to your students, then walk you through their feedback in order to help you identify ways to improve the student experience and learning in your class. More information about MSFEs is available on our faculty MSFE page, and on our MSFE Request Form.
- Teaching Observations: The CTL’s classroom observations are a great way to receive formal feedback on your teaching – whether you are an instructor of record, a lab GA or discussion section leader, or simply delivering a guest lecture for someone else. A CTL consultant will visit your class and take notes while you teach, attending to strategies and features that can impact your instructional effectiveness. Afterward, you will meet with your consultant to review their feedback and consider possible adjustments to your teaching. Upon request we can also provide a formal write-up of our observation feedback. More information about CTL teaching observations is available on our faculty Observations page, and on our Teaching Observations Request Form.
- Scholarship of Teaching & Learning: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) is the systematic study of teaching and learning. You may be inspired assess the effectiveness of something you are trying with your own teaching, or you may have a bigger picture in mind. More information about CTL support for SoTL can be found on our faculty SoTL page. To request a SoTL consultation, reach out to us via our contact form.